Thursday, May 29, 2008

Headed into summer!!!!

Last Friday was water play day at the school. The kids had about four swimming pools set up to play in, a slip n' slide, and a water sprinkler to run in, not to mention the sprinklers that came on during the day at school. There was a shaving cream center and a bubble center. Of course, I think the teachers tried to have the shaving cream center set up for kids to spray on the table and create something, yeah right, the kids were chasing each other down and spraying it all over it other. And, the children had hot dogs and watermelon to snack on. All in all, Bryce had a blast, Wyatt not so much, too hot.


-----------------

Tuesday the students sang for us at their Music Program. I had a hard time getting Bryce out of the house, he did not want to participate. I told him that his teacher, Ms. Parent, would be very disappointed if he did not show up to sing for me. I was able to get him out the door and to the school finally. I had recorded a couple of the songs that the kids performed, but am having trouble loading them.

-----------------

Today was the big day for Bryce, he received his certificate for completeing kindergarten and walked across the stage to meet the new 1st grade principal, even though he will not be attending 1st grade in Pecos. He was very excited this morning before he left the house, he couldn't wait to graduate from kindergarten. I even teared up three times, I kept telling myself to hold back the tears. I guess I am very emotional during my pregnancy. Really, I can't believe my first child has already started and completed kindergarten. He is growing up so fast, if I blink I might miss something.


Bryce is receiving his certificate from his principal, Mr. Garrett.

Bryce with his teacher, Ms. Parent.

1 comments:

Kelsey said...

Yay! He (and you) survived his first year! Way to go Bryce! The pool picture made me laugh. That's a lot of kiddos in that little pool.

And wow; Mrs. Parent doesn't look like she's aged at all. I'm glad he got such a great teacher there at the end.