Saturday, May 17, 2008

What's up with Bryce

I have not forgotten about my other two rascals. I will write two separate posts, so I guess I will start with Bryce. He has two weeks of school left and he is very excited, even though he does have to attend summer school for three weeks, but it will only be half days. Cody and I placed him in soccer at the last part April and first part of May, for a hyper kid you need something on the side to keep him occupied. He enjoyed it, he had a tough time when he wouldn't make the goals and would beat himself up. He is having a hard time understanding the meaning of teamwork, but I hope he comes around. He did make a few goals for the other team and that is when he would really beat himself up.
As for school, it has taken him quite sometime to make friends. School is almost over and he is just now at the point where he wants to associate with his classmates. According to his doctor, Bryce has a hard time interacting with others due to his ADHD. However, I am extremely proud of him, because he has come a long way in the past few months after leaving his school in Greenwood. I have to give credit where credit is due, to his teacher Ms. Parent, she has helped him in tremendously. She has worked with him daily in order to catch him up with everything a kindergartner needs to know. He was extremely behind, of course this is a whole other store of why he is so far behind, I will not even get into it. Of course, Bryce deserves much of the credit as well, he has worked very hard with Ms. Parent, so he can move onto the next grade. Like I mentioned before, I am extremely proud of my son, he has overcome the obstacles that were in his way and will be graduating from kindergarten at the end of May. Of course, he does have to go to summer school, so things will stay fresh in his mind, before he starts 1st.

1 comments:

Lindsey said...

I just wanted to say hi and let you know I enjoy reading your blog. Congrats on the baby girl!! They are wonderful!!