Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Vacation

The Hathorn's went on their first "real" family vacation. It was not a long trip, at all. We left on a Saturday moring and returned Thursday morning. Our schedule for the week as follow:

Saturday: My Mom's birthday party
Sunday: Visited our old church, San Pedro Church of Christ
Monday: Corpus Christi to do a little sight seeing. Went to Texas State Aquarium and the beach.
Tuesday: Great Grandparents day
Wednesday: Camping

So, as you can see we had our vacation all mapped out and the days were going to be long and crazy, especially with two kids and one cranky man tagging along, just kidding.

We departed from the house Saturday around 7:00, of course we had to stop and get gas and run into the famous Wal-Mart to get some tie-downs. I was put in charge of driving, because Cody had worked nightshift. Anyway, we get between Big Lake and Ozona (still West Texas) and I was day dreaming, don't know why not much to look at around there. First turn comes up, what do I do? I take it, no big deal, it will not be long until we get to Ozona and I can pee. Just driving along and I notice there are so many hills, and our poor old van is heaving just to make it up those steep hills. I think to myself "what pretty scenery, I don't remember all these steep hills, hmmm", of course I keep driving, again no big deal. I finally get to a sign, by the way I have not seen one the whole time I have been driving. The signs says "Iraan, 5 miles", WHAT! I know, I know, how did I not know that I was going WEST instead of SOUTH. Like I said, I was day dreaming, it was early, need I say more, think not. What was supposed to be a 6 hour or 7 hour drive, turned out to be a 9 hour drive. All because I went close to 100 miles out of the way. OUCH, talk about wasting gas. Cody took over the driver seat in Sonora.

More vacation stories to come and pics.

1 comments:

Kelsey said...

OHHHH, that's awful! Hey, maybe you get out of driving on road trips for the rest of your life though. That's not a bad trade off in my opinion.